iMapWeather Radio FREE Day Hits 185,000 Downloads
by Daphne Thompson, on May 20, 2011 11:06:50 AM
As a result of unprecedented demand during its FREE iMapWeather Radio day campaign, which took place on May 19, 2011, weather leader Weather Decision Technologies Inc., (WDT) exceeded its goal of contributing 100,000 FREE iMapWeather Radios to the cause of national weather safety. The company distributed more than 185,000 downloads during the course of the day, extending the free period beyond the original threshold - for more than three hours - to 8pm EDT.
The application rose to the number one spot on the iTunes store for all free applications, and number one for all weather applications. Media companies from all over the United States participated in the all-day campaign.
"Many thanks to our customers and all the media partners who helped make this campaign and contribution to national weather safety a tremendous success," said Mike Eilts, President and CEO of WDT.
iMapWeather Radio Key Features:
- Precise Alerts: Users only get an alert - voice and text - if their device or saved locations fall inside a watch/warning polygon.
- Follow Me: When on the go, users automatically receive an alert if they move into an area under a watch/warning.
- Friends and Family: Users can pinpoint up to five locations for the app to follow.
- Battery Life: The application is designed to conserve your battery life even while using GPS.
- Video: In select markets, users can get live video of severe weather coverage.
Pricing and Availability
The iMapWeather Radio app is available for $9.99 from the App Store on all iPhones, iPads and iPod touch. It will also be available at the Android app store for later this year. More information: http://weatherradioday.com
About Weather Decision Technologies, Inc. (WDT)
WDT's iMap® services provide dynamic interactive and mobile weather mapping solutions for the world's leading local media and Internet companies. WDT is a global leader in providing state-of-the-science weather detection, nowcasting, and forecasting systems. WDT maintains operational and international offices in Norman, Oklahoma, and Atlanta, Georgia. Corporate websites: www.wdtinc.com and www.weatherforensics.com.