Latest iMap® Weather Radio helps individuals prepare for the dangerous storm season upon us
by admin, on Mar 8, 2012 12:40:19 AM
NORMAN, OK, March 8, 2012 - Weather Decision Technologies®, Inc., a global leader in providing state-of-the-science weather detection, alerting, and forecasting services, announced today the launch Version 2.0 of its popular iMap Weather Radio App for the iOS platform. This groundbreaking app provides all of the functionality of a Weather Radio in a mobile device plus leverages features of Smartphones to provide unique life-saving information to users in the form of alerts, audio, real-time streaming video from local television, interactive mapping and more.
With iMap Weather Radio you will receive critical voice and text alerts on life-threatening weather events. Your iPhone will "wake up" and also "follow you" with alerts wherever you go. Listen with ease to local weather forecasts and warnings while you are on the move. Enjoy the power of a weather radio, with all the convenience and precision of a smart phone.
"More than a weather app, iMap Weather Radio is a premium safety and security alerting application built upon a highly scalable, fully redundant, alerting infrastructure," said Mike Eilts, President and CEO of WDT. "Since initial release of Version 1.0 in early 2011, 227,000 people have downloaded the best weather alerting app in the iTunes store. Users have cited iMap Weather Radio as the reason they are alive today and this is the drive behind Version 2.0; a completely new, extremely reliable and easy to use app."
The app has been completely redesigned from the ground up to improve the user experience by increasing responsiveness and performance, and providing many enhancements for which our users have asked.
Features and Improvements in Version 2.0:
- New UI for adding and managing locations makes it easier to precisely specify saved locations and quickly see all alerts for that location
- New UI for presenting alerts; shows the alert on a map, the alert text, and provides the alert audio on a single screen
- Audio will play in the background when the phone sleeps or the app is closed
- Video and audio content supports AirPlay, so it can be streamed to another device such as an AppleTV
- New custom alerts from your local meteorologist in markets with participating media providers
- New location tracking algorithm provides better accuracy while trying to strike a balance between accuracy and battery usage
Pricing and Availability
The iMap Weather Radio app is available for $9.99 from the App Store on iPhone®, iPad® and the iPod touch® athttp://imap.tv/imwr. An Android version is expected to be available soon. For an expanded list of features and capabilities: visit imapweatherradio.com.
About Weather Decision Technologies, Inc. (WDT)
WDT's iMap® services provide dynamic interactive and mobile weather mapping solutions for the world's leading local media and Internet companies. WDT is a global leader in providing state-of-the-science weather detection, nowcasting, and forecasting systems. WDT maintains operational and international offices in Norman, Oklahoma, and Atlanta, Georgia. Corporate websites: www.wdtinc.com and www.weatherforensics.com.