iMap®Weather Radio App for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch Now Available
by admin, on May 3, 2011 4:12:58 AM
New weather warning tool helps individuals prepare for the dangerous storm season upon us with early, location-based text and voice alerts right on their mobile device
NORMAN, OK - May 3, 2011 - Weather Decision Technologies, Inc., a global leader in providing state-of-the-science weather detection, alerting, and forecasting systems, today announced the availability of the iMapWeather Radio App for the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. This groundbreaking warning system provides information on life-threatening weather – from tornadoes to floods to hurricanes – on a mobile device, going beyond traditional weather radio broadcasting services with advanced features, such as the ability to “wake up” when danger approaches, instant voice and text alerts and real-time video.
"Think of the iMapWeather Radio app as a highly advanced weather radio right on your mobile device - a key tool to being prepared for dangerous weather,” said Mike Eilts, President and CEO of WDT. “With iMapWeather Radio, users receive precise location-based alerts of severe weather coming their way, acting as an early warning to help individuals and families seek safety. And, because the app is available on 3G capable devices like the iPhone and iPad, users still receive vital information when the power goes out and TV and radios can’t be turned on.”
The iMapWeather Radio app offers the following key safety features:
- Precise Alerts: iMapWeather Radio provides more precise alerts than those offered by the existing services, sending alerts only if the device or saved locations fall inside a watch/warning polygon.
- Follow Me: When on the go, users automatically receive an alert if they move into an area under a watch/warning.
- Friends and Family: With iMapWeather Radio, users can pinpoint up to five locations for the app to follow. This allows the user to ensure that their friends and family, whether at school, out of state, at a ballgame, etc., are safe as well.
- Battery Life: The application is designed to conserve your battery life even while using GPS.
- Audio: iMapWeather Radio provides audio alerts in the form of beeps followed by a brief description of the alert type – 24 hours a day.
- Video: In markets where local media partners participate, users can get streaming video of severe weather coverage.
Pricing and Availability
The iMapWeather Radio app is available for $9.99 from the App Store on all iPhones, iPads and the iPod Touch . It will also be available at the Android app store for Android devices later this year.
About Weather Decision Technologies, Inc. (WDT)
WDT's iMap® services provide dynamic interactive and mobile weather mapping solutions for the world's leading local media and Internet companies. WDT is a global leader in providing state-of-the-science weather detection, nowcasting, and forecasting systems. WDT maintains operational and international offices in Norman, Oklahoma, and Atlanta, Georgia. Corporate websites: www.wdtinc.com and www.weatherforensics.com.